Enjoy free checking that earns a really high rate.
Free Kasasa Cash® gives you the banking experience you deserve — earn up to 2.50% APY* and refunds on your ATM fees, nationwide.* That means every ATM is your ATM, whether you’re here in Honolulu or anywhere else. And all you have to do to earn rewards are banking basics that you’re probably already doing, like using your debit card.
- 2.50% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- 2.50% to 0.45% APY on balances over $10,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.03% APY* if qualifications aren’t met
- Refunds on ATM fees, nationwide (up to $25 monthly)*
- Can link to free Kasasa Saver® account for automatic savings
- No minimum balance to earn rewards and no monthly service fees
- Free online banking, eStatements, debit card, and more
- $5 minimum deposit to open
Easy Qualifications to Earn Rewards
To earn your rewards, just do the following transactions and activities in your Kasasa Cash account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive eStatements
- Be enrolled in and log into online banking
That’s it. Even if you don’t meet these qualifications, your account is free. Plus, you’ll still earn our base dividend rate — and you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next cycle.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 1/19/2016. Rates may change after account is opened. Minimum to open a Kasasa Cash Checking is $5.00. HOCU/Honolulu Federal Credit Union membership is also required. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) balances up to $10,000 receive APY of 2.50%; (2) balances over $10,000 earn 0.25% dividend rate on portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in 2.50%-0.45% APY depending on the balance; and (3) domestic ATM fees incurred during the qualification cycle will be reimbursed up to $25.00 ($4.99 per single transaction) and credited to the account on the first day of the next monthly statement cycle. If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.03% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle to the account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle an account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. “Monthly Qualification Cycle” is defined as a period beginning on the last business day of the prior calendar month and ending on the next-to-last business day of the calendar month in which dividends are paid. Limit one Kasasa Checking account and one Kasasa Saver account per Social Security Number.