What is CUDL?

CUDL stands for Credit Union Direct Lending (CUDL). Do your auto financing right at the dealership – when picking your vehicle, identify yourself as a Honolulu Federal Credit Union (HOCU) member and ask to “CUDL” it.


New Auto

    • Financing up to 100% of purchase price
    • Terms available up to 84 months
    • No Pre-payment penalty’




Used Auto

    • Up to 100% financing for vehicles up to 9 years old
    • Refinance an existing car loan to save money and possibly lower your interest rate


Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Plus

GAP Plus with deductible assistance can help you avoid sudden out-of-pocket expenses in the event your vehicle is stolen or damaged.

What is GAP?

If you owe more on your vehicle loan than what your vehicle is worth, in the event your vehicle is deemed at a total loss, GAP will cover the amount between what your insurance will pay and the remaining balance you owe.

What is the “Plus” in GAP Plus?

If you finance your next vehicle with HOCU, your GAP Plus insurance will pay $2,500 for your next new replacement vehicle (vehicle must be purchased within 120 days after member’s primary insurance company issues a settlement check).

Call HOCU for details at 808-777-5626.

Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC)

MRC may help pay for covered repairs on new and eligible used vehicles after your manufacturer’s warranty expires.


Save money and lower your monthly payment by refinancing your current auto loan with HOCU.

  • Rates as low as 1.99% APR*
  • HOCU will pay your first loan payment up to $300
  • Affordable monthly payments
  • Loan terms between 36 and 72 months

*Disclaimer: Auto loan promotion offer valid from 10/1/18 and may be modified or canceled at any time. Valid for loan amounts from $5,000 to $50,000. Loan terms between 36 to 72 months. Your loan approval and APR are based on credit-worthiness. New loans only. No refinancing of existing HOCU loans. Other restrictions may apply. See branch for details.

Auto Shipment

Moving your vehicle to another state? These are the documents we will need to get you started when requesting to ship your vehicle.


  1. Letter requesting transport – (Include the location vehicle will be shipped to and Shipping Date)
  2. Employment: Job Transfer – Letter and Last 2 paystubs

New Employment – Verification of Employment to be completed by New Employer

  1. Change of Address Form
  2. Mileage of vehicle


  1. PCS Orders (Permanent Change Station)
  2. LES (Leave and Earning Statement)
  3. COA (Change of Address form)
  4. Mileage of vehicle

ETS out of the military, we will need:

  1. What type of New Employment Income?
  2. Location vehicle will be shipped to and Shipping Date
  3. Change of Address

**Requests will be provided by next business day, once we have received all necessary documents.