- Regular Shares: This is the primary membership savings account of the credit union, with a low $5 minimum balance. Each primary member has one vote to elect the Board of Directors.
- Shares Plus: A money market savings account that allows you to earn more through tiered rates, based on your account balance. The minimum to open an account is $2,000. There are no fees for Higher rates are paid for balances of $5,000 to $49,999.99; balances of $50,000 to $99,999.99; balances of $100,000 to $499,999.99; and balances $500,000.00 and greater.
- Christmas Savings: Your Christmas savings are paid out in October. There are no penalties for early withdrawals.
- Trust Accounts: Individual or Joint Revocable Living Trusts are accepted subject to review. The Settler Trustee must be a member.
- Share Certificates: Certificate terms are from 6 months to 3 years. The minimum balance is $500, with monthly interest payments.
- Super Certificates: Certificate terms are from 6 months to 3 years. The minimum balance is $10,000 ($6,000 for 2- and 3-year terms), with higher rates and monthly interest payments.
Individual Retirement Accounts and Roth IRAs
- Individual Retirement Accounts and Roth IRAs: Tiered rates allow you to earn more based on your balance.
- Share Draft Accounts: Checking accounts that pay interest. A low minimum average daily balance of $200 is required to avoid a $5.00 monthly fee.
- Online Banking/BillPayer: This service allow Internet access to your account and allows you to view statements and history as well as transfer between share accounts and loan accounts and pay your bills. There is no monthly or transaction fee for this service.
- Instant Phone Service: This allows you to transfer funds between accounts via the telephone. Toll free, 24 hour access to your account.
- Debit VISA Card: This allows you to pay at retail outlets from your share draft account without writing a share draft.
- Important Information:
To report a lost or stolen HOCU VISA Fast Check Card:
Monday through Friday (except holidays), 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM,
After business hours, or on weekends and holidays,
HOCU is a federally-chartered credit union under the regulatory oversight of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. Government agency. Member accounts are insured by the NCUA up to $250,000 per account.